Thursday, 20 February 2014

I'm Green and Velvety, or So I'd Like to Think

Green is one of my favourite colours.   It makes a good theme for me at the moment because I am still very green as a blogger.  Although I have attempted blogging before and there are three blogs of mine, sort of dead out there in the blogosphere.  Actually two and a half.  The third one was a collaboration with my friend while he was in hospital dying.  It was something he really needed to help take his mind off things. Unfortunately after a night of seizures he changed our password and didn't tell me.  I find I need to let that blog go anyhow.

But I am digressing.  I do that.  There is nothing linear about the way my brain works.

As a very green blogger, I am still finding my way around the creation and management of this blog and my google account.  It is very important to me to read and reply to all the comments left on my blog posts so please know that I will reply to you and if I don't, it means I did not know your comment was there or I have not found it yet.  I have not got it set up to leave comments unposted until I approve them, mainly because I have not found out how to do that.  This seems to mean that blogger does not notify me of new comments though it keeps track of the number of comments on each post.  I have to go back and scroll through it all.  I am sure there is a better way but as I said, I am still green.

Doesn't all this talk of green make you think of green velvet dresses?  Well it does me.  I would like to wear a velvet gown every day.  It would make the town eccentric but I doubt that would stop me.  Blue velvet for Monday, garnet red for Tuesday, green on Wednesday, purple on Thursday, black velvet for Friday, mustard and russet together for Saturday and chocolate brown on Sunday.  I would have some fabulous boots and silky floral scarves too.

I've found the perfect place to shop for my new wardrobe:  http://www.devilinspired.co.uk/






 And for more casual days:
http://elvenvelvet.com/



For those days when I want to wear jeans, I will add a few velvet tunics to my wardrobe.


http://wanelo.com/p/261082/all-hours-velvet-tunic-tunics-shirts-women-robert-redford-s-sundance-catalog


http://keep.com/all-hours-velvet-tunic-sundance/x/g1m0JzAAkd/

I think you get the idea.  Alas I own not a single stitch of velvet clothing.  I'm too afraid to shop online and deal with duty, shipping fees and the bother of returns.  My sewing skills are minimal but I should be able to manage a simple tunic.  Perhaps I should try. 

4 comments:

  1. I especially like the last tunic! You should try making one. Or thrifting one if thrift stores are available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, thanks for visiting! I am always on the lookout for something like that in the local thrift shops but have yet to find it. I live in a small town, so while I do fairly well at the thrift shops, there isn't much of anything special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velvet is lovely, isn't it? I have a couple of cotton velvet 1970s maxi skirts which I am very fond of. One of these days, you might stumble across a tunic or dress in a thrift shop, you never know! The jewel colours of the velvet pieces you selected are especially beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you will look so gorgeous in such dresses and tunics!! You must find one (or better two, or three...) soon! I will pay attention. Who knows? I don't do a lot of thrift shopping, but I am usually very lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.