Tuesday, 8 April 2014

If I Had a Garden You Wouldn't Have to Read all these Blog Posts

By now you know I think a lot, write a lot and you can probably imagine I am also capable of talking a lot.  I have to or my head would explode.  There is so much in it that I have to let it out, release the pressure, and by writing or talking I am making it easier for myself.  So writing this blog helps quite a bit and more than I had even anticipated.  The fact that so many people show up regularly to read it absolutely astounds me.  Those of you who take the time to comment and connect have enriched my life in a way I had not expected but am so grateful for. I realise the effort it takes and am honoured to be worth your effort.   To those of you who read and lurk silently, welcome to my head.  I used to do a lot of that too and still sometimes do. 

I have contemplated slowing down, writing less, maybe aiming for just a few times a week, but I am not sure if I can.  When I first began I thought that I might not post much.  I wasn't sure if I had anything to say publicly, which I am now rather amused by, and I knew I would frequently be very tired and in bed.  None of those things seem to have stopped me.  In fact, I am finding that writing is helpful even when I am tired.  You might be thinking that's all well and good Miss Verbosity, but you don't have to publish everything you write.  Let me assure you that I don't!  Yes, I am that prolific.

My next thought was that I should try to write shorter posts.   Well just look at how long this one is getting!  I set myself a three paragraph limit for this one.  I'm nearly there and I hear you cheering.  The only way to get me to stop, to keep me quiet and get rid of me is to give me a garden.   I don't have my garden of flowers anymore.  Now I walk in a garden of amazing bloggers.  I have found my own little patch and am tilling my soil and planting my seeds with great enthusiasm.  These are my own feet in my gardening boots.  I miss this view, looking down at these boot clad feet.  At first I thought I didn't have anything to link up to Bella's Shoe Shine  at Citizen Rosebud, but then I realised the footwear in which I always felt the most myself, the most fantastic is these boots.  So here we are, at the end of my three paragraphs and I can stop writing now because for me these boots say it all.


14 comments:

  1. after a long hard day spend in the garden, wearing shorts and big green wellies i know what you mean!
    but that you find your garden in blogland is wonderful. give you little patch water and love - in the name of all of your readers :-)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet your long hard day was wonderful! I always loved that feeling of having been in the fresh air and sunshine and getting so much done, it was a really peaceful sort of being tired out. And if you know that a good night's sleep will have you rested and recovered for the next day it's fine.
    Thank you for bring all the love and sunshine that you bring to my garden.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are fab! And, I cannot wait for the weather to allow me to spend time daily in my flower gardens once again. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boots are Boggs and super comfortable. They make fancy ones with flowers and patterns too but I didn't know that when I bought my plain ones. I miss my garden so I'm going to be annoying and tell you not to take yours for granted! Enjoy it and I hope you can get out there soon!

      Delete
  4. Those boots are made for gardening ... someone should write a song or something - dunno why that came to mind.

    Still, never give up on the dream, Shawna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least I have my little balcony and am surrounded by a beautiful garden. It could be so much worse than it is, so I shall not complain. I will only sigh just a little sometimes.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are allowed to sigh a little or a lot! I would miss my garden too if I didn't have it anymore.
    I do think writing, blogging, keeping a diary, all these act as a safety valve. Talking is the same, but if you have fewer opportunities to do this and going out to see people is too tiring, then of course, writing is a great option. I would probably write far more if I didn't talk so much... My friends probably wish I wrote instead! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one who believes in or perhaps even just naturally prefers to look on the bright side, but gardening was a very significant part of who I was and it would be silly to deny that I miss it. I have managed to fit a Japanese maple, a climbing rose, a few dwarf evergreens and assorted annuals onto my very small balcony. If I lived on the ground floor I would actually have a wee spot to garden, but I would also have less privacy and no view of the ocean. We can't have it all.
      Actually physical conversations can be really tiring for me but writing doesn't take as much energy. Things just pour out my fingers. Of course I also have the freedom to sit and stare off into space for long periods without offending anyone.
      xo

      Delete
  7. Keep on writing just as much as you like ... I'm sure it's good for the soul
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be! Thanks for dropping by and leaving comments. I do enjoy that.
      xo

      Delete
  8. Blogging has been a huge help for me too. I started my blog when I was pretty down in the dumps, and it's such a breath of fresh air. I love your long posts and I love to hear your crazy thoughts ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now, there is permission to be myself if ever I received it-rambling and crazy! LOL I love your blog too. I love your style and you just give off a vibe of someone I would like to hang out with.
      xo

      Delete
  9. I do love pottering around in my garden. Ours is huge, with 26 trees and so terribly daunting that I tend stick to pots, tins and window boxes or whatever else I find lying around or get given to grow stuff in. It is very therapeutic. Even growing tomatoes and chillies on the kitchen windowsill are a joy.
    I like to garden barefoot, being a bit of a cripple I'll chuck a piece of foam on the ground, sit on it and get stuck in. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your garden sounds wonderful! I didn't have 26 trees though I did have many. I had at least 26 rhododendrons and even more roses and many other shrubs and perennials. I like to garden barefoot too but this early in the season it would be a bit too cold and damp for that on some days. I actually love to garden in that light spring rain that feels so refreshing.
      xo

      Delete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.