Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Mushroom Head Mixes her Prints

Yes, I am in the mushroom stage of growing out hair.  It's a real treat.  Some days it looks better than others, but today is not one of those better days.  fortunately I am staying home today.  It's a gorgeous, sunny spring day and I wish that getting out for a walk were possible, but not today.  Maybe I will manage a little trip around the block later this evening.  I have some killer boots to wear for it so I do hope so.  Killer as in oh how I love them, not killer as in hurting my feet.  They are brand new but picked up in a consignment shop so not brand new price.  Timberland is the brand, which I thought made work boots but apparently they do fashion too.  These are amazingly comfortable, soft, flexible and yet supportive.   I think I could live in them.  Apologies to all my other beloved boots for possibly having a favourite.

Because I'm home, the reality is that I am bare legged and footed, which is my default state.  I gave myself a blister wearing my very much loved but a bit too big for me cowboy boots yesterday.  I have to remember to wear socks inside them.  I've already added a plush boot liner.  The problem is that they are men's and although I can wear a US men's 7 ( which is something more like 6 in the UK I think )  these are an 8.5.  Yeah, I know, it's kind of another what was I thinking moment.  And being men's they are also too wide for my narrow foot.  So I hope to replace them with something that fits properly but in the meantime I can't part with them.  I just can't.

Here they are, giving a little pop of orange to my feet which I've matched with my orange glass bead earrings.   This might well be an ouch my blister sort of pose going on here.

This is a casual look, suited to going out for coffee with my uber casual and very sweet friend Pam.  I didn't bring my camera but next time I will ask Pam if she'd like to be featured on my blog.   Is it just me or does this photo make me look like I have completely lost my bosoms?  Very odd.  Well they were definitely there this morning when I got up and this morning I covered them in lovely colours and patterns.  In fact, as a public service I covered up other parts of my body too.

 

Gaze upon these awesome boots.  They are soft suede.  I could wear them to bed.  The outfit is a bit raggamuffin.  I have on a tie-dyed tee shirt dress bought at music fest a few years ago.  The top is a little tunic thing picked up at a thrift shop and I've also got on a long sleeved tee shirt.  The scarves, are a purple and teal version of identical style; I'm wearing the purple one alone in the previous picture.  I love these scarves for all their lacy, gauzy doo-dangleyness but one thing about them is very annoying.  The maker's label is a bright white and very stiff one, sewn right into the hems of the scarves and I have done some damage while trying to remove them.  At least these scarves are so busy a bit of a repair job won't really show.

Now, mentally remove the boots and picture me sitting cross legged on the sofa sewing little repairs into those scarves and that will be very realistic imagery.  While you are at it, could you please imagine me with a better hair day?  Thanks so much.

10 comments:

  1. hi!
    i better wrote nothing for your last post - the closet is bursting already :-)
    i know where your boobs are. they´r lost in that busy pattern. now you learn something: if you want to hide a part of your body put a loud, busy, huge pattern on it. everyone sees the fabric, the body part underneath disappears.
    love the second, raggamuffin outfit. gorgeous boots, can totally understand why you like them so much.
    nobody looks at your hair when you wear such cool outfit :-)
    when i have a bad hair day i wear a hat or scarf......
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would wear a scarf or hat if I were going out, but I'm just staying home today so won't bother. Scarves don't stay on my head well and I need a spring hat as most of mine are rather clearly summer or winter. So I'll just be mushroom head today. Thanks for helping me locate my boobs. I would have always thought the opposite, that a busy pattern would draw attention, but apparently not.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna, I love both of these outfits on you!! WOW, what a fantastic woman! Strong, confident, artistic, sexy, comfortable with herself. That's just the best! Teal and purple are definitely your colors. I love all the colors, of course, but some seem to really reflect us, I believe. These are very you. I am crazy about the combination of a dress, a shirt and a tunic over it. Cool layering! Both boots are very cool. Scarves too. And the hair. And your bare legs. All is cool. Isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL-you always bring me a smile! I"m kind of faking the cool today as I'm very tired. After taking those photos I realised I'd forgotten to put in my earrings. Normally I would have put them in and retaken the photos but not today. Purple is my favourite colour. There will be a blog post on that soon I'm sure. And I love it with teal, which I also have lots of in my wardrobe. Actually I like purple with everything. It cooled down or I cooled down and I added some leggings to the outfit. I even have a big teal sweater of course, if I need to layer more. LOL Yes bring on the purple and teal! Now I know that love is blind, if you like my hair. ;-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great outfits! you look totally fabulous!! and I like your hair! the 2 dress idea is brilliant and looks blooming wonderful too, I occasionally lose my boobs in some outfits too, it's a funny thing some patterns and cuts can eliminate them! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Totally fabulous is what we are all going for, no? Apparently this is my week to complain about my boobs. First they are the reason I can't fit into some dresses and now I wonder where they have gone? LOL
      xo

      Delete
  6. I find different tops make a massive difference to how big my boobs look, it's quite hilarious how they come and go! You look great in both these outfits, the Timberland boots are right up my alley, and your hair looks fine to me - funny thing, self-perception compared with what others see. I have stopped worrying about bad hair days, since I realised no one else gives a toss about what my hair looks like, and probably don't even notice it at all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that seems to be the case. Sometimes it's the pattern and sometimes the shadowing. Sometimes they seem huge and sometimes they disappear. Magical boobs. You are right about that self perception and I am always telling my son that, who has curly hair and hates it. Nobody is looking at us as closely as we are examining ourselves.
      xo

      Delete
  7. No worries … for today you have waist length flowing locks … in my imagination ;0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! That's just perfect!
      xo

      Delete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.