Natalia has very kindly put me on her nomination list for two blogger awards and now my task is to think up seventeen tidbits about myself to share with you. I'm sure the actual challenge is narrowing it down to seventeen. So the rest of this post comes in two parts. Part one is all the stuff about me, and the second part is the explanation of the awards and my nominee list. Okay, here I go....
1. I have a passion for the field of nutrition science and wanted to be a dietician but could not master science as an academic discipline so reading the latest information on nutrition is essentially a hobby and I seek the scientific sources not the blurbs in magazines.
2. I have a mild version of Tourette's Syndrome (you would probably not really notice it) but for most of my life just thought I was a bit weird and my tics irritated my ex husband.
3. If I am comfortable with you, eventually you will find out that I have a raunchy sense of humour and can also be very silly.
4. I am never happy with my hair and am always growing it out or chopping it off, have done so many many times in my life, and do not hesitate to cut it myself. This is the only photo I have on my computer that shows me with longish hair. It's probably about 15 years old.
5. I have the sweetest most wonderful and adorable son in the world who is now 19 years old.
7. I struggle to accept my physical appearance but I very much like the person who I am.
8. I read a lot of non-fiction on a wide range of topics which interest me because it is my fantasy to be a permanent university student though I don't want to have to write any exams.
9. I am an atheist with anti-theist leanings, 'politically incorrect' in that I will say so if anyone brings up the subject of religion (or if called upon to write 17 things about myself) and greatly admire Christopher Hitchens for both his thoughts and his writing skills.
10. I spent roughly two years reading everything I could get my hands on about Buddhism.
11. I love animals but can't really warm up to reptiles and am irrationally terrified of snakes.
12. I seem to attract people who hurt me.
13. I have recently developed a passion for orchids after having once written them off as pretentious.
14. I love both coffee and tea and am quite unpredictable about which and how much of each I drink each day.
14. I qualify for British citizenship but keep procrastinating about officially applying for it.
15. I would love to travel to Turkey and in fact many other places but suspect travel is not in my future.
16. I have never smoked anything ever in my whole life. Not even an oyster.
17. I worry that I might be neurotic so I looked it up and apparently I'm not but I still think I am.
Rules of the Shine On Award:
Rules of the Sunshine Award:
Beate of Bahnwaerterhaeuschen
Jo of Angles Have Red Hair
Keit of Beauty In Insanity
Aya of Couturgatory
Jane of Flight-Platform Living
Jan of Fort Smith Stylista
Kelly of Grunge Queen
Anna of Melodic Thrifty Chic
Sarah of Sideburns and Bangs
Curtise of So Past Caring
Suzanne of Suzanne Carillo Style Files
Vix of Vintage Vixen
Natalia of In The Writer's Closet
Megan Mae of Megan Mae Daily
Val of Muse Fondue
Sandra of Peaches McGinty
Northern Mum Down South of Thrifty Crafty Things