Friday, 25 July 2014

How To Look And Feel Younger

It's really simple.  Just dress like you are pregnant and it will knock at least ten years off your age or at least suggest that you are of an age to be fertile.



Then grab your camera and take pictures because picture taking is fun and fun is youthful.

Fun is also fun and that's a piece of wisdom you can put in your pocket and carry everywhere.

Lately I have been doodling and dabbling with water colours.  Sophie really likes to help when I do this.  I have suddenly developed a desire to doodle Goth Fairies.  I'm not sure if that is going anywhere; they are rather raw and rough but I feel compelled to make them so perhaps they will get better.



Another little arty friend I have is this spider, who likes to hang with some pencils.  The spider is a brooch that once belonged to my great aunt and I love to wear it on winter coats and find out which people I encounter think it is cool and which think it is creepy.  I don't know if it is real amber, though I doubt it as it looks too flawless.



And then there is Fred. 


Fred is a constant thinker so we really understand each other.  Fred is thinking all the time; he cannot stop.  In order to help inspire his thoughts, I move him around to different locations.



Now it's time to take my youthful brain and my ancient feeling body to the kitchen to make a meal.  Thanks for visiting. I hope to get caught up on my blog reading and visiting this weekend!  See you there.

16 comments:

  1. Fred has toothache. I feel sorry for Fred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Fred. I will give him some cotton soaked in clove oil!!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I like your thinking on the dress to look pregnant Shawna, it's so hot here in the UK I might just try that.
    Sophie is such a sweetie helping you with your lovely drawings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like something loose and breezy in the heat!!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. I know of someone who was so afraid of looking ancient to her coworkers i.e. Infertile, she kept tampons in her desk drawer to lend to any who were caught short!
    This is a similar strategy :-)
    Sophie has her eyes on that mouse! Does the spider have a name? It is suitably leggy to creep people out!
    I love Fred! Reminds me of PNG carvings I saw growing up. How kind you are to give him new thinking fodder.
    We do the same for our artist's maniquin. At the moment he is climbing /swinging from the top of our standard lamp in the loungeroom.
    Have a lovely restful weekend.
    Hugs, Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL-perhaps I should make tampon jewelry!
      The spider doesn't have a name, I must ask her what her name is!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. i will never get why one has to be pregnant to wear airy clothes....
    that blouse is very beautiful on you - of cause - it´s a peasant blouse! this fashion was created especially for you i think!
    sophie is a very artsy cat, one day she will paint with her velvety paws and you can make lots of money with her art ;-)
    envy the big windows of your home! the blessings of a modern house. but i love old houses. what means more then 100 years around here. so no panorama windows for me. one have to set priorities.
    how did a wooden polish folk art plate find its way in your corner of the world and in your home?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old homes too, but they are non-existent where I live and I have to admit my large windows are amazing! I think that for someone like myself without a garden to get out into or without the ability to get out much overall, large windows are a good idea.

      I love folk art but since I am not a world traveller I can only collect what shows up in my local thrift shops. I guess someone else in my town went to Poland and bought a plate.
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. You should stick a paintbrush into Sophie's paw … she just looks like she's dying to give it a go :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie is always stealing my paintbrushes and she loves my bits of charcoal sticks. Generally if she gets some of those she puts them in her water dish and makes some sort of grey soup.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Ha! That's funny. I tried it once (my last April Fool's joke on the blog) but it didn't work. Nobody was fooled...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well you forgot to be barefoot and in the kitchen.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I look like I'm wearing maternity right now haha! I adore your top, it's so pretty, gorgeous with the jeans - the spider brooch is both fabulous and creepy, I like it but it scares me, which is odd as spiders don't really bother me, go figure hehe!! I love you put Fred in different locations to help him think, and how sweet Sophie is! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top is basically just a few sizes too big for me but I figured I'd just go with that and pretend it's intentional. I have a couple of peasant blouses like that just like I have a few tops that are 'petite' and I just pretend they are supposed to be cropped.
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. Ha ha! I am so taking you up on the idea of dressing like you are preggo! LOL I never looked at it like that before : ) Also I am keeping the idea that fun is fun. You are seriously hitting it out of the park today with your sage advice.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to reign in my brilliance and wisdom so as not to dazzle you all too much.
      xoxoxo

      Delete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.