Thursday, 10 July 2014

How to Wear A Pink Tent in Public...A Follow Up Story

Basically, don't.  Okay, do, but tame it a little.  That's my motto anyhow.  If I were at the beach I would definitely let the tent flap in the breeze because that would be unspeakable loveliness.  However when wearing a pink tent to the hardware store to get paint chips and look at curtain rods, put a little crocheted tunic over it.  Consider a hat.  Remember that you might emerge from the store bearing an eight foot curtain rod so keep the shoes flat.


And flash a shoulder.  Work that tent, girl!  You know you love it!


Why yes, I have always secretly wanted to be a flapper.

9 comments:

  1. The perfect solution! You look great, and the hat is a fabulous finishing touch. So good to see you wearing a dress you love and finding a way to feel comfortable in it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna, I love anything "flapper" as I'm a Roaring Twenties fanatic! What a great ensemble for a casual day out and about! Plus...it's pink--fabulous! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thinking, crochet top on top will also keep the hem down in a gust of wind! You know how tents tend to move in the wind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoulder flash! Yes, I agree with Curtise, you look so happy and confident in this outfit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just reading this when Mimi came over, peeked over my shoulder, and said, "Wow, she looks really beautiful. What a pretty dress!" I agree. I love the crocheted tunic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww hugs for Mimi! I have to confess I love the crocheted tunic so much I want to wear it with everything and have to stop myself.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. It's very pretty what you did with the dress - Ya it looks kind of flapper - I love flapper style, very feminine style i alwyas thought -
    Plus i'm crazy for pink always!
    Have a great weekend

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to wear pink but I don't ever use it in my home. I have more of a red and purple leaning in my home.
      xoxo

      Delete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.