Monday, 7 July 2014

Sexy in Baggy Blue and Black Things

The weekend gave us temps in the teens, some wind and rain.  I tried to stay home but since I needed to pop out for a few things I schlepped out in my baggy jeans.  These are real live boyfriend jeans, well maybe not quite since there isn't a real live boyfriend inside them.  But they are men's Levi's 501 button fly jeans, 2 pairs bought for $5 a piece at the thrift shop.  I might be over skinny jeans. Men's jeans have real pockets!   My goodness these are comfortable! Of course I still love my bootcut jeans too.  Perfect for wearing with orange cowboy boots!


Then the weather gods changed their minds and the temperatures leaped ten degrees.  What should you do when it gets hot?  Wear black, of course!  Especially fabulous second hand black. 


These wedge heeled mary janes are a consignment shop find.  Someone who wears my size and shares my taste donates regularly to the consignment shop near me. I used to think of Hush Puppies as old lady shoes.  Either I got old or Hush Puppies got hipper.  I like to think it's the latter.

 The skirt is jersey, black, blue and green and also second hand.



The glass beads are from the same consignment shop as the shoes and the glass pendant was a gift from my ex sister-in-law who is still a friend.  Sorry, I didn't mean to give you a weird close up of my armpit.  It's freshly washed, I promise.

I'm linking up to the denim share in with Mis Papelicos and Style Crone

17 comments:

  1. Those real live boyfriend jeans look great on you! I love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are so comfortable I am hooked!

      Delete
  2. Love those jeans, I'd wear those!!! Lucky about the shoes, no one ever gives nice shoes in my size!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found a really fantastic consignment store just down the road from me! They have great shoes there.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Love both your outfits today!! You're so lucky with the shoes ... I find it hard to get shoes in my size ... not just second hand ... even new. *shakes fist at her freakishly small feet* :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex sister-in-law sometimes buys children's shoes as her feet are very small too. I don't imagine the style options are terribly sophisticated though. Cute ballet flats, perhaps.
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. My favorite jeans ever were Levi's 501 brother jeans - he broke them in and outgrew them, and they were so soft and the perfect shade of blue. Speaking of blue, that's a great color for you - the bright blue - very pretty. Sounds like you've found consignment nirvana with the mysterious seller. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool tiedye flapper look! in your colors! and what a luck with the shoes - i heard the hushpuppies are comfy. you look really beautiful in that outfit! it is soooo much you - blue, soft, playful, artsy.....i can see it in your face. and no complaining about hair or body in the text ;-)
    the boyfriend jeans look perfect on you. interestingly we top heavy, slim hips gals look better in roomy jeans i think. and the comfort! in the early 90´s i bought from the US imported mens levis 501 in a 2.hand store in berlin, they sold them per kilo! the jeans were perfect worn in by some american dude, long enough to hit the ground with high heels on, stayed up only with a belt. lived in them for some years. as the skinny trend arrived i gave up jeans. the last - very worn - boyfriend jeans still sleeps in a box, souvenir of my wild 90´s :-)
    that post and pics make me smile - you look so happy here!!!!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first outfit is awesome Shawna! I love it! This strong blue color fits perfect to you! Like the combination with leather belt and sandals. The boyfriend jeans .. two thumbs up!! You look very stylish and very ovely :)

    have a nice week dear
    Dana :)
    xoxo
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both outfits look great - blue really suits you. Love the fit of the 501s on you and the hippy skirt is gorgeous.
    Jon loves a local charity shop where a hipster in his size frequently donates posh shoes, designer blazers and a rainbow of skinny jeans. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hush Puppies got Hipper for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hush puppies are just like mine! I LOVE mine. I think you will find them very comfortable and personally I think they are cute. I wasn't lucky enough to find them in a consignment store.

    Love the baggy jeans look.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The boyfriend jeans look is so you! You look so comfortable and yet cute! That blue of the cardigan is great on you. The shoes are lovely, but I couldn't wear them, even if they are old lady brand :-) XO JJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wear the 501 so well. I love the loose fit. I use to wear 501s all the time. You're making me want a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an absolute weakness for Mary Janes and yours are so cool! You really do look flawless in cobalt and black, and you rock the boyfriend jeans like a boss. I'm too short and squat to wear baggy anything so I steer clear of those. I just scored a pair of purple Michael Kors skinnies for $19, so I'm content ;-)

    Alicia
    spashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The slouchy jeans look great on you, and the vest and skirt together look like a 1920s flapper-style dress, lovely!
    I love finding shoes secondhand - someone else has worn them in for you, bonus! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The jeans are perfect - love this mischievous and relaxed look! The shoes look cute and comfy - best combo! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.