Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Fun Surprises and a Heat Wave


 I received a parcel in the mail this week, an exciting one!  It wasn't a surprise but it took a month to get here so there was definitely built up anticipation involved.  The creative, talented and ever so sweet Jazzy Jack of Natural Medley made me a bracelet and necklace and she sure had my colours figured out.  She also knows that I am exactly the sort of person who would mix skulls with soft, pretty beads.  We are having a heat wave, probably something an Aussie would laugh at but I am melting.  I don't take heat too well and you can even see me melting in the photo.  Limp hair, limp dress, just a bit too sweaty.  Yes, I am going to put this picture on the internet.  However, I had a heck of a time getting a tolerable photo of myself modelling my new bling.

                                          Limp in the Doorway

                                                Ladylike Skulls

   I gave up on sweaty photos and went to bed.  I hung my pretty necklace  where I could see it.
                                 

 I tried again the next day and after many hideous results that were blurry and either did not flatter me or the necklace or both I finally achieved these.  And they will just have to do.  Look how Jack just nailed my colours.  They literally match me!  And while we are at it, somebody please tell me what colour my eyes are because I have never known what to call them.  My driver's license says hazel, which clearly they are not.




                      Damn you neck, you are giving away my true age. 


A confession:  Somewhere, hiding slightly under the pretty beads and their creative design, is a red paint splotch because I would not be me if I did not have ink and paint on me in one or two spots in addition to several bruises.


Writing and painting are increasingly crowding out Blog World.  This is a happy thing for me, this is doing what I am truly passionate about doing. I do not expect to leave though and am still coming round to visit my favourite blogs and still posting here sometimes too.    When I am not melted into a puddle that is.  Peri-menopause and a heat wave.  Gah!

Check out Jack's blog if you don't know it because it is an awesome blog and you will not regret it.

21 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Don't they look great on you.
    So pleased about the colours!
    In that photo your eyes look grey. But my Mum has pale blue eyes that turn green when she cries, so maybe yours are changeable too. How fun!
    Heat! We are pouring it into the freezing room at the moment.
    You still look radiant.
    Your writing and painting are amazing and I'm so glad you are managing energy to do them! Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say green, your eyes are green. I've been following Jazzy Jack for a while now, always creative and always with an uplifting comment on my way. She trully picked your colors correctly because she has an eye for detail. I hope it has chilled already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack is an artist, that's for sure! I've been thinking about you as Greece is in the news so much at the moment. xoxo

      Delete
  3. jazzy jack is such a great artist and wonderful friend!!! its true - the beads suit to perfection!!!
    on my monitor your eyes have the color of the blog background - a pale blue with some brown in it. i have no name for it, it´s not a flower color, more like faded fabric or old china or a 60 years old love letter...... a very romantic color.
    i told the yellow rose you like her and she made 5 new buds :-) greetings from lisbeth!!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far we have grey, pale blue with brown, and green-lol. And at different times I see all that too. I want a name for it! I volunteer to come to your garden and sniff all the roses so they will make more buds. It would be my pleasure! And Lisbeth....awww I just want to snuggle with her. xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. my eyes change between this colors too depending on my moods and which color i wear - hubby call them "jade eyes" - so maybe we go with the name of this stone of many colors....
      xxx

      Delete
  4. this necklace is so lovely! heat wave has struck us too, it's giving me a headache but on overalls I still like it because there is something in me that responds to extreme temperatues....odd, I know.

    ...love that maxi btw! and that tee make art not------is my cup of tea:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know people who like extremes, especially heat but I myself am rather fond of basic room temperature. I wish I could wear that tee shirt but it is just a bit too small. Tight crops tops are not really my style. xoxo

      Delete
    2. you can try wearing a shirt under that cropped top, that's what I sometimes do...but not in this heat naturally:)

      Delete
  5. Hugs to you and Jazzy Jack. I love when two people make a connection like this. Beautiful gifts. Yes, melting. How unusual for us out here.
    Your eyes seem to be the colour of tropical water before a storm, but there is usually not a box with that written in it to check off on forms. You'll have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I really only can be friends with awesome people. And after your comment about my eyes I think we should start dating. That was a most excellent pick up line. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Lucky you! what a wonderful pretty surprise. It is so unique...just like you.

    LOVE that t-shirt!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such nice gifts for/from such a nice person! Sending and receiving gifts in the mail is so much fun.

    I can understand art and writing taking over the blogging thing. It's too hard to do both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find myself wanting to do so much more than is possible. I have to give myself permission to just get up every day and do whatever it is that I do. xoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh Shawna. Thanks. Will use this as my mantra today! Xo Jazzy Jack

      Delete
    3. It's not easy. I have progressed from an inner voice that berates me for not doing everything to one that whines and says 'oh but I wanna!"

      Delete
    4. You nailed it, Shawna! That's exactly what Justin teaches me... just do whatever it is you want to do now, no need for labeling everything. Life itself is the most amazing creative act.

      Delete
  8. You have beautiful eyes! Jade or sea before the storm - what great poetical descriptions, take them both! JJ is such a wonderful friend, her gifts are amazing and suit you so well (perfect for Dia de Muertos too!). I just love this green (jade?) dress on you, and if there is a t-shirt with words to wear, this is a good one! Lots of hugs, and stay cool, my friend! (We got ourselves an AC this year, and it makes such a huge difference.) Love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tee shirt doesn't fit me so I hang it on my wall. It's purple too so how could I resist it? I envy your AC. I put fans a couple feet away from me and aim them up my dress. Not very ladylike but it helps. LOL xoxo

      Delete
    2. Blowing a fan across a tray of icey water or through a wet fabric can help! Xo Jazzy Jack

      Delete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.