Friday, 25 March 2016

I Have No Advice To Give

I have no advice to give, or at least nothing I would make public and attach my name to.

I have not got a beautiful life to offer you carefully curated glimpses of

And yet you come back. 

If there's anything I want to accomplish in my life, it's connecting with people

In a meaningful way.

It's harder to do that when you are an introvert lacking energy

And your idea of fun is being alone reading something.

But I try,

And I offer little bits of myself in case it helps;

In case in some way I can show you that you are not alone  and-

You are not doing it wrong.

5 comments:

  1. I like this. I wonder why so many bloggers offer advice when, truly, they lack experience and knowledge to back it up. Rather than pretend to be authoritative, why don't we just be honest? We're all struggling in our own ways. We do what we can and hopefully help each other. Happy Spring, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely words Shawna. I have often thought "Why don't I have this bloggers' seemingly inbuilt ability to dole out how to's/life advice?2, etc. I do enjoy reading them sometimes, but there more than enough of them out there, we can just do what we do! I also like people just sharing pieces of their non-glossy imperfect lives, I find that much more relatable! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you share parts of you ... And that I got to "meet" you in blogland through Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Sometimes connecting with others (by that I mean meaningful connections) can happen in the most unlikely of times. As long as we keep our hearts open, wonderful things are possible.

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.