Saturday, 22 October 2016

I Want to be Pre-Raphaelite

Not as an artist, as a woman.  I love how the Pre-Raphaelite women are not delicate twigs, and it's not often I see a more robust body being celebrated.  I am not curvalicious plus-sized and although I am tall I am not model thin.   Honestly, I don't get my knickers in a knot over not seeing myself represented in fashion because fashion is clearly not my thing, but as an archetype in general I do love the Pre-Raphaelite woman.  She makes me want to grow my hair long and dye it red, oh yes.  And to wear flowing crushed velvet gowns.  She is pale like I am, and her neck and limbs are sturdy.

                  She loves nature and flower sniffing is one of her hobbies.  Mine too!

                                                         Source

                                         She is as fond of the sea as I am too.

                                                             Source

                       Though perhaps she does like the water a little more than I do.

                                                              Source

                                                    She's a bit day-dreamy
                                                              Source
                                     

                                                   But she does lover her books.

                                                                Source

                              

                                                            Source

                         When her husband/lover artist isn't interrupting her reading.                             
But....

If I had been one of the real Pre-Raphaelite women, I'd be longing for the paint brush and canvas myself and I bored with all the posing.

                                                       Source

                                     Which is how I tend to imagine Jane Morris.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know who Jane Morris was so I went and had a quick look ... Sad that she was always painted looking unhappy as she was a beautiful woman.

    Thanks for a lesson on a Sunday morning in my neck of the woods! Hope you are having an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! How exciting to find yourself in these beautiful paintings, and I agree with you - you'd look just right as a Pre-Raphaelite woman, with a book or a paintbrush!

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and I love comments. I will try my best to respond to everyone! Thanks for stopping by.